Monday, January 12, 2009

Life with three kids.....





Its amazing to me the phone calls that i have received wanting to know, what its like to have three kids.....is it different? is it so hard? what do you do? how do manage three at once?
its really not that different....i am not saying its a walk in the park, but its just happens....you just take care of them and either its a smooth day and everyone is in sync or its chaotic and everyone is out of wack!
we had our first trip to walmart on friday, just me and the boys(it took us 2 1/2 hours). so many people said why would you do that to yourself? i thought it was fun, i thought of it as an adventure, it was almost like preparing for battle. i had a master plan, i had things to bribe the children, i had things to make it fun and i had good rewards for good behavior....it worked (that time at least).
this is my life right now and will be for some time.this is what i do. i take on the challenge of three kids everyday of my life from now on. i wouldnt change it for anything. i love it. its what i do. i stay at home with my kids, everyday of my life....all day long (for the most part).
jeff does allow me to escape from time to time alone :-) sometimes i look forward to doctor appointments! but thats me and i love it. i love having three and the challenge of balancing them out, keeping them all happy, keeping boosted spirits, keeping us all running like a machine everyday.knowing what makes each one of them feel special and loved, knowing what their favorite something is or what they dont like.
people have asked if we were worried about attention for one child over the other, the jealousy, loving them all the same or spending enough time with them each. i have wondered that myself, with each pregnancy....will we be able to work this?
i couldnt love each one of my children more....i have so much love for them its amazing that one can feel so much emotion. and the emotion i feel for each one of them is so different, but no more for one than the other. i love them all equally, but definetly for different reasons and i find it amazing that as one person i can discover that about another person....let alone three of them plus jeff!!!
life is good to us, and jeff and i couldnt be more thankful. everyone scared me alittle with the phone calls wanting to know if i was ok or if i was nervous for jeff to go back to work...what was i going to do with three kids.
well i tell you what, we do what we always do. we are loving what we do. i love being a stay at home mom, getting this time with my kids that will not be here forever. but it will forever be in my heart and my memories that i spent all the crazy chaotic days with them....and i love every minute of it!

1 comment: