Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can I get an extra hand????


when eli was little he did everything with me, i mean everything. we did laundry together, we cleaned together,we cooked together....everything! he has always been my little shadow, my little helper, always wanting to lend a hand. he is still the same way. he lets me know when the dryer is done and pulls out the clothes, he puts up his laundry, he will always go get the dust pan for me, or bring me a paper towel or a napkin, does anyone need a napkin?eli will get it....
last week eli started k-3. i cried. cope cried-all three days. we were a little lost the first day. we did really random stuff. i have never been alone with my second child as much as i have in the last two weeks. cope was a little lost, not really knowing what to do with out following big brother.
two weeks are done and cope has a good handle on what he can do....whatever he wants with no interruptions....whatever he wants to play and however he wants to play it. he can sit where he wants, he can lay down a toy and come back and get it....and he has mommy's full attention.
but is he a helper.....no. will he go get the dust pan for me.....no. paper towel....no. does he want to help me sweep with his little broom.....no. dust with me.....no. do you need a napkin?....get it yourself, cope is busy.
is he busy talking to me....no- to himself. is he involving me in his adventure in imagination land he is going on.....no. i have to invite myself. i could probably leave the house and he would not notice....until he needed something to drink. he is a very thirsty child. he sat on the couch with his vacuum, while i vacuumed the house and complained it was too loud.
isnt it strange how different two children could be, now i am not complaining... i love my children dearly and i am so super proud of eli for going off to school, it was definitely time.
i cherish my time with cope (even though i must stop spoiling him before it gets me in trouble), but i never realized he was so independent until mr. Dependant left the house.







this would be cope putting the move son ellison for a goodbye kiss

No comments: